Monday 26 March 2018

Mariam! Mariam! Where have you been?

At my desk

Let me follow that title with this, "I have not been to London to see the queen!" Given that I am a Gemini, the disappearing and appearing act is second nature. And so you must forgive me for being focused on some other stuff while I took a break from personal blogging. But, tonight I felt the urge to return to my online journal and share with you the details of the reason I have been away.


For starters, I embarked on a journey to a new job in an industry that was as alien to me as the alien in Koi Mil Gaya!  I joined forces with a wonderful IT company in Pune as their Senior Content Writer. So I wasn't really doing something out of the way, it was just that I was writing on topics and editing writings that were deeply technical. Words and abbreviations that I had never heard of before I took on this challenge, have become my world:  AI, RPA, AR, digital commerce, Salesforce, VR, the blockchain, and I can go on and on. 

For someone who writes prose, or human interest stories, this new responsibility was undoubtedly perplexing. Fortunately for me, I have a very patient manager and super helpful colleagues who ensure I feel less of an alien than I really am! 

I recall my interview sessions. I wasn't sure why an IT company would be interested in my profile.  But I didn't withdraw my application. And I am glad I didn't! There is a joke going around the office, that my manager hired me because I share his love for Shahrukh Khan! I believe that, because IT was the last field I'd ever expect to find myself in. 

e-Zest has been a blessing in disguise. If venturing into IT was inevitable, I am glad I embarked on that path at a company that is intrinsically encouraging.  I have been learning something new every day and trying to give back as I absorb knowledge from them. You are all familiar with my zest for life and the ownership I take of a place that values my experiences;  this is what I have been trying to add into the daily functions of my new work family. I am notorious for being energetic. While I write, I also try to create a different level of value. My former employers will vouch for this. I hope I do not disappoint e-Zest. 

As a person who has never really been intrigued by technology, and whose phone is a basic tool to take selfies, update Instagram posts, and receive calls, I have come a long way. My CV is a collection of various jobs; I have never really believed that you need to be a master at one thing. This is how I live life to the fullest and can boast of my experiences. So here I am adding another employer and profession to my plate! 

The relaxed and independent working culture at e-Zest plays a huge part in setting my biological clock to wake up each working day with a smile.  I have always ensured that I work in an environment where love is a two-way street- they give and I give too! I feel empowered in ways that are unexplainable. Not saying that I haven't faced obstacles, but with a company that treats you less as an employee and more as a team member, issues are dwarfed to not cause a hindrance. They have a wonderful admin who takes care of me and every tantrum I throw. What more could I ask for? My passion to be valued- they take care of that too! 

So while I haven't really had time for my book, or for my blog, I am enriching a concept that not many can pull off, one that I like to refer to as 'life with passion'! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Whether you agree or disagree with my thoughts, I'd love to hear yours! Do leave a comment.